Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thankful

Have you heard of Word of the Year? There is a secular and faith based way to choose your year. One way to do it is to pick one word that represents something you want to focus on in the New Year. A faith based way is to pray to God and ask Him "What do you want me to focus on? How can I grow closer to You?" You may get an answer right away or it could take days even weeks.

Recently, I decided I wanted to have a Sacred Word to focus on in 2017. I felt it would be helpful to me for my prayer life and to help clear my mind so I can focus better. I prayed about it and the word THANKFUL came to mind.

So I make a point every day to thank God for something. Yesterday I was thankful for the persistent rain. I was thankful that my husband came home from work safely. Thankful that my daughter had a safe day at school. (The school is very safe,but with the amount of school shootings that have happened over the years, I am always thankful it hasn't happened in our school district.)

Today:

I am thankful for my husband.
I am thankful for my daughters.
I am thankful for my husband's job.
I am thankful for excellent health insurance.
I am thankful.

Do you have a word of the year? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know what you think.